What sets us apart from the world? In the book UnChristian, a statement is made that answers that question. It is one paragraph, made up of one sentence, made up of two words: “NO DIFFERENCE.” Statistical reports from Barna Research point us to this alarming truth. So… Interact with these statements from Brian McLaren:
- Christians are the ones who love people, whoever they are – gay or straight, Jew or Muslim, religious or atheist, capitalist or not, conservative or liberal.
- Christians are the ones who have done more than anyone in the world to stop the HIV/AIDS crisis.
- Christians are the people who gravitate toward the poor and who show compassion through generous action and seek justice so that the systemic causus of poverty are overcome. They call the rich to generosity, and they call on rich nations to work for the common good.
- Christians are people who believe that art and creativity are important, so they consistently produce the most striking, original, and enriching art.
- Christians are willing to give their lives for the cause of peace. They oppose violence in all its forms. They will lay down their lives to protect the vulnerable from the violent.
- Christians care for the environment. They don’t just see it as raw materials for economic gain, but they see it as the precious handiwork of their Creator.
- Christians have personal integrity. They keep their marriage vows and are aware of how destructive misused sexualtity can be. Yet they are compassionate toward people who make sexual mistakes, and they never consider themselves superior.
- Christians build harmony among races. You always know that you’ll be respected when you’re around a Christian.
WOW! Certainly there is more to that theologically, but who wants to hear a MOUTH with NO HANDS and FEET! What do you think?
Leave A Comment