10. It’s a great benchmark
9. It’s easier than ‘grace’.
8. It’s a thermometer: It shows me that I am sick, but doesn’t make me feel better.
7. Jesus’ came to fulfill the law…and now GRACE abounds!
6. Nobody likes rules and regulations, especially when they go against what my flesh wants!
5. I enjoy the enforcement of LAW more when it concerns YOU than ME!
4. The purpose of the LAW is to help and protect ME, not to harm me or constrict me.
3. I am so prone to break the law.
2. Jesus set me free from the guilt that I have felt when I have broken the law
1. Jesus is the STANDARD. I will keep my eyes fixed on Him….and follow and OBEY Him! There is NO OTHER WAY. Someone should write a song about that too!
Dan: Good stuff. I always get disappointed by #7, since Jesus really came to “set the law back in its proper place” not end it. He ended sacrificial (atonement) law. I think the biggest value of the law was that it showed (and shows) God’s heart. It tells me what My Father cares about. The range and the depth of what He explored in the law is deep and rich. That’s why God included the law in the enduring Scripture that is still profitable for me in doctrine and reproof… Randy
Thanks Randy….great comment and no argument from me. I am not sure point 7 said he ‘ended it’….but I sure am glad grace abounds.