I am feeling like I need to be a part of a ‘new’ movement of God in the Greater Coatesville, PA area. I am praying for a group of NOW generation leaders to rise. I will invest in them, coach them and get behind them with all of my being.
I want to see a church that is reaching its Neighborhoods, the Nations and Now generation leaders. I want to see a church that is serious about making disciples who make disciples. I want to see a church that is committed to compassion ministries that address social injustice. I want to see that church be generous to its mission. I want to BE the CHURCH.
Is there a young NOW generation leader willing to take the challenge? Would you like to”Breathe Life” into the Church once again as a serious Movement of God? Would you like to be a part of such a church in the Western Chester County area? I would love to hear your thoughts:
VISION times IMPLEMENTATION equals MOVEMENT of GOD!
Interested? Then Keep Reading!
VALUES of MIG Communities:
We commit to journeying together with God and each other, by meeting together as a community, in prayer, in the Bible, in worship, friendship, grief, and happiness. We live and breathe life in community. We define the church as the presence of Jesus among His people called out as a spiritual family to pursue His mission on this planet. acceptance
We desire to accept both ourselves and other people wherever they are in their spiritual journey, and to allow people to say what they believe without fear of judgment. We want to err on the side of inclusion rather than exclusion. We want to love God and people completely.
We want to have an open approach to how we learn, live and encounter God as Missional, Incarnational Gateways in the community and world in which God has allowed us to live. We wish to be creative in our worship, in prayer, in generous giving, in learning by balancing christian tradition, theology and culture using the Bible as our sole foundation for Truth.
We aspire to live with integrity in community, striving for balance in our passion for God and compassion for people, in private purity and public charity and compassion. James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
accountability and relationship
We desire to be accountable to one another, to grow and journey together, listening to the Spirit of God, each other and the wider Christian community for wisdom rather than trusting only ourselves. We want to have a willingness to share life, rather than to privatize it and we seek to walk together in a deep way rather than as strangers who only know the surface of each other.
mystery and adventure
We wish to step into the mysterious journey of pursuing Jesus by embracing courage, danger, adventure, mission and risk. We strongly adhere to a process of disciple making rather than discipleship. That process includes:
- Relationship – multiplication does not happen apart from relationship
- Discernment – discerning where someone is spiritually and determining where they need to go.
- A Commitment to Prayer: “Holy Spirit, please give me discernment into the heart and life of my new friend. Give me Your wisdom and insight so that I may know how to love them right where they are and encourage them for where You want them to go as we walk on this mutual journey with You.”
- Release – We will structure to keep our Biblical Community from becoming busy ‘at’ church and release the body to ‘be’ the church and GO and make disciples.
MIG Church DNA
- To initiate gateway opportunities for individuals and the church to become healthy disciples of Jesus who make disciples who make disciples. Every believer is a commissioned disciple. (Matthew 28:19,20)
- To live in Biblical MIG communities with other believers everyday. (Acts 2)
- To grow in the understanding and practice of the missional and incarnational reality of the church.
- To step into the mysterious journey of pursuing Jesus by embracing; courage, danger, adventure, mission and calculated risk.
- To BE the Church – ‘the presence of Jesus among His people called out as a spiritual family to pursue His mission on this planet.’
- To pursue private purity and public charity/compassion. (James 1:27)
Personal Goal of Each Disciple:
Private purity and public charity. James 1:27.
THE MIG CHURCH played out:
“CHURCH 168” (168 Hours Each Week)
1. MIG Communities Through the Week – personal needs met by loving others and feeling loved by others; growing and serving together
2. Gatherings of the Church for Celebration (as often as need/want) – corporate gatherings of MIG communities for Worship and Teaching
3. Gatherings of the Church for Local and Global Mission serving the physical and spiritual poverty of community.
Saturday Evening Gatherings:
1st and 3rd week of the month for Worship/Teaching
2nd and 4th week of the month for Service to the Community
Leave A Comment