BEST DECISIONS I HAVE EVER MADE by Daniel O’Deens
- Giving my life to serve Jesus full time and leveraging all that He has created me to be and do to reach the young, the lost and the poor.
- Read and organize and file everyday. To be resourceful. I choose to be a lifelong learner.
- To pass on to others what I am learning…a river…not a reservoir….”New ideas will continue to come to me as I allow them to flow through me.” A sponge needs to be wrung out, so it can take more in. When you give it away, it always comes back to you.
- Choosing to spend my life adding value to other people’s lives. Adopting a ‘Life on Life’, ‘Life in Community’ and ‘Life on Mission’ worldview.
- Choosing to err on the side of inclusion rather than exclusion. Viewing people first as mad in His image and likeness rather than as sinners.
HOW I STAY MOTIVATED
- I stay close to Jesus! The habit of prayer and daily Bible reading is the air I breathe.
- I develop a clear sense of purpose: Regularly defining and executing my goals and ideas
- I do what I LOVE to do – Pursue YOUR Passion
- I believe that what I do is making a difference
- I invest in the eternal – the Word of God and People
HOW TO GO FROM “GOOD” TO “GREAT”
- Good communication to Great communication (Listen, Read, Blog and Vlog)
- Possess the ability to connect from a distance – See what God is doing, where and then align yourself to it. Partnership and Presence Matters!
- Excellence in your main purpose – Abstain from the “Addiction to Mediocrity” – Understand your Why, What, How and Where. WHY matters most!
- Creativity in overcoming barriers – Align to Creative and Critical Thinking Strategies
- Build a leadership base that will allow the vision to come to fruition. You will either stir up the dust or you will eat people’s dust…it’s your choice! Invest in the Now Generation! Build Up Your Up and Everyone wins. Follow me, as I follow Christ!
HOW TO WIN WINNERS not WHINERS
- Strategically build relationships – To win average people you provide compassion and care…To win winners you need a vision and strategy.
- Market a Challenging Vision – You gotta turn them on! You gotta give them a cause!
- Uniquely placing people and partners in the cause to “Maximize” gifts and talents.
- GIVE AWAY OWNERSHIP…let people fail…lead….make decisions….Quit micro-managing.
- Be a WINNER yourself! QUIT WHINING! Fix the Problems – Not the Blame!
A LONG TERM MINISTRY OF GRACE
- Don’t ever recover from the awe and privilege of ministering the Word of God. 2 Tim 1:8-11 Have an attitude of Gratitude 1 Tim 1:12-13 – God put me into service
- Knowing God EXPERIENTIALLY – The Lord Jesus Christ – Phil 3:8 “ginowsko” “experiential” I get paid to Grow in Christ! WOW!
- Motivated by Grace – Col. 1:29 Work harder in the flesh; Rely harder on the Spirit; 1 Cor 15:10 “at the end of the day it is all about Grace” Never forget the power and the fullness of the Gospel. Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the Gospel, IT is the power of God
- The weakness of the flesh 2 Cor 12:7-12 we all have a thorn in the flesh , Rom 7:15 we all struggle in the flesh; Establish SAFEGUARDS: Moral Impurity; Marriage; Rest; Be scared to death of the sin you are capable of…
- Focus on the Future – Our reward is all about our investment into the Eternal; 2 Cor 5:10 The BEMA Seat: Run to win…and Run it fairly!
FIVE HOUR RULE (Spend at least 5 hours a week of reading and reflecting)
Plan time to ‘think’
- Refresh and Refine
Leave A Comment