So…why should you go to the mission field?
- Because Jesus has told you to go. “Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to all creation.” (Mark 16:15)
- You should go because the need is so great. “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Therefore, beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest.” (Matt. 9:37-38)
- You should go because so few Christians are obeying the call, making the need even greater! “Faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the Word of Christ…how shall they hear without a preacher?” (Rom. 10:17,14)
- You should go because God gives special anointing and grace to those who leave their own land, people, and culture to do God’s will and spread the Gospel. “And the Lord said to Abram, ‘Go forth from your country and from your relatives, and from your father’s house…and I will bless you and make your name great; and so you shall also be a blessing; and I will bless those that bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.'” (Genesis 12:1-3)
- You should go because, as Oswald J. Smith said, “No one has the right to hear the Gospel twice, while there remains someone who has not heart it once.” “But if our Gospel be hidden, it is hidden to them that are lost: in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, that they might not see the light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.” (II Cor. 4:3-4)